Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chapter 4 Finished; Excerpt

Chapter four of the Compendium has officially been completed. It's the longest so far. And, as I promised, I'll give you a little taste of what the book is really like. Here's something that you can expect from chapter 2:

Marlin walked slowly through a doorway and stopped halfway through a small room. “Ah, man.” He sighed. “I’m really bored! I don’t know what to do today. Oh well, I guess I could always go look at the beautiful city.” He turned and walked out of the room, and turned the corner on his balcony to look at the billboard.

“Ah, another gorgeous day in the city.” He turned. “Hey – that billboard! Hang on a second… I know what I’m going to do today!” The billboard that showed the glowing Civilian Warthog gave marlin the idea of a lifetime, an idea that, if put into physical action, could give a thrill like no other. He stood confidently, staring out into space, and nodded his head as he said the next five words. “I’m goin’ to the dunes.”

Marlin drove his Gauss Warthog to the local train station, where he had bought a ticket to take a train to a desert area that had been bought by a company to turn it into a place to drive and have fun. A small train zoomed above his head as he drove directly under tracks and parked up on the second floor of a parking garage. Crashing his Warthog into the wall, he got out and went through the door labeled TO TRAINS.

He went to a series of interconnected hallways where he stopped to let a train pass, and then continued across the tracks to the boarding area.

No comments: